Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Anticipation

Based on the current weather report, Sunday is a solid day for the Season Opener. We can barely wait, you should see the frenzy around the factory.
"Do we meet or leave at 8:30?"
"Can I bring my buddy?"
"How many riders will there be?"
"Are you providing coffee?"

We will have good numbers, I can feel it.

Ramping up my excitement even more than the 80 degree temperatures is my latest must have equipment of the season. How do you make a pair of ten year old Sidi’s look mint?

Easy. You cover them in a pair of the coolest shoe covers available:

Don't let the hemi like pistons that I call my legs worry you, the camera added up to twenty pounds. You'll see in person. The real point of the picture is to model my yet to be taken outside Mellow Johnny's (www.mellowjohnnys.com) shoe covers. I’ve just been prancing about the house in them. If 60mm’s of deep dish rims don't speed me up, certainly these covers will do the trick, regardless of yaw and wind angle.

What could be a better kick off to the new season than a fresh pair of shoe covers? Three letters:

I.S.P.


That's right. For the Season Opener, I'll be demo-ing Seven Cycle's own Integrated Seat Post (ISP) prototype bike. The bike was designed for a saddle height of 79.4cm, proving yet again that there is nothing but rewards for being 6'1" and "mostly legs and knees." I can't wait to ride it, I'll be sure to write up a thorough, overly wordy review for those who are interested.

More to come, the anticipation is growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment