Thursday, May 21, 2009

Winchester Loop

Short and Sweet ride on Tuesday morning. Cold enough to wear "tights," long sleeves, gloves, a hat, and of course a mint pair of shoe covers. I say "tights" because I learned this morning that my tights aren't really tight. In fact, they were flapping in the wind which is surely the reason Joe Wignall and Neil Doshi sailed passed me on every down hill. Pitiful. Maybe someone is having a close out sale on tight tights, or will be soon. Anyone? Anyone?

We met up at the coffee shop and headed out just before 7:00 AM. The route was undetermined so we opted for the often traveled "Winchester Loop" which has a nice moderate climb and two lovely downhill's. Just lovely. Of my five goals, one was achieved this week in that we had a new rider, actually two join us for the ride, Joe Wignall:



This is typically how you see Joe on a ride, from the back.

and Graham Dimmock on my right here, but I wouldn't say this is typical:



Both proved to be more awake than I was. Completing the group was Jenna Weikerth, Rob Vandermark, and the aforementioned Neil Doshi. Neil still leads with participation having not missed a single ride.

Action Shots:





And a look at Joe's mint deep dish rims:



What's not so nice about this loop, is that it's 10 miles long. Yup, it was pretty quick. For extra credit Joe, Graham, Neil, and I went up Spring Street in Arlington, aka the Water Tower. Joe won the first King of the Mountain challenge although no one gave him a real test as we were too tired. As I mentioned we had just rode ten miles.

Next week's ride, thanks to Memorial Day has been pushed to Monday. See you then!

1 comment:

  1. bikes look cheap- just a copy cat bike company run by losers.

    ReplyDelete